Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail filtering

2 posters

Go down

Mail filtering Empty Mail filtering

Post by curmudgeon Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:57 pm

I had my mail filters setup to filter to the 3 personalities that I monitor. Now I have tried to setup additional filters to sort by subject and/or sender to send them to separate folders that Ihave created and placed them ahead of the personality filters in the list. The mail still goes to the personality and not to the subject folders. Unlike what I am use to in Eudora, there is no "skip rest" in the filter dialog box. How do I get the subject/sender filter to work without it passing the mail further along to the personality filter?
Thanks,
Ray Belanger
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Mail filtering Empty Re: Mail filtering

Post by Admin Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:14 am

curmudgeon wrote:I had my mail filters setup to filter to the 3 personalities that I monitor. Now I have tried to setup additional filters to sort by subject and/or sender to send them to separate folders that Ihave  created and placed them ahead of the personality filters in the list. The mail still goes to the personality and not to the subject folders. Unlike what I am use to in Eudora, there is no "skip rest" in the filter dialog box. How do I get the subject/sender filter to work without it passing the mail further along to the personality filter?
Thanks,
Ray Belanger

Hello Ray, it's called "Skip Other Filters", located at the bottom (red sign with yellow line).
So hit F10 to edit Filters.
Select particular filter, click Acton.
Click on the last button - Skip Other Filters.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Mail filtering Empty Mail Filtering

Post by curmudgeon Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm

I don't know what I am missing but I don't have a "red flag with a yellow line". The last three items under action are "open", "record the event", "notify". I do not see "skip rest" anywhere in the list under "action".
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm

it's a sign not a flag - Skip Other Filters
Mail filtering Screen_pandora_filter_action
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by curmudgeon Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:26 pm

I now I see the problem. The last three items in the list ( default application, list box, and Skip other filters) do not show up in the display on my laptop. I have tried to scroll down etc. but I cannot scroll down the window. I tried reducing toolbar buttons etc. but the best I can get is the top edge of the default application line to show. Any suggestions on how to get down to "skip other filters" button?
Thanks,
Ray
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Right, you need a scroll-bar. It will be available in the next release, until then here is not-so elegant workaround:
1. Bring Filters window to the front, click on Action button and then press Ctrl+F7 to restore the window.
2. Hit Alt + MINUS (or click on the caption bar Filters icon, top-left corner) to open the window menu.
3. Leave the mouse.
4. Use arrow keys + Enter to hit Move from the menu, then press Up arrow key to move window up.
5. When the top of the window is ~ 1/3 off-screen Press Enter to complete the move.
6. Resize the bottom part of the window so that last 3 actions are visible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by curmudgeon Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 pm

OK I will give that a try but I might just wait for the update to do all the filters and just transfer the messages as I read them. I don't have much else to do but play with this as I transfer most of my ageing desktop data to the Win 10 laptop.
Thanks,
Ray
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 am

This is done. You can scroll that frame now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by curmudgeon Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Thanks, I noticed that when I installed ver. 1.6.2.1 and it works fine. Wink
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down