Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations, and where to from here?

2 posters

Go down

Congratulations, and where to from here? Empty Congratulations, and where to from here?

Post by Jack Yan Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Dear Brana, I have searched for years for a successor to Eudora and, thanks to a commenter (Chris M.) on another website (Tedium), I came across Pandora.

The funny thing is I have been to your website before to look for Eudora plug-ins but didn’t see Pandora Mail there.

Finally, an email client that does almost what Eudora did and have the reconfigurable windows, which are a must for me (I have an inbox on the left, outbox on the right, which was one of the default Eudora layouts back in v. 1).

I congratulate you on an excellent client and from picking up where Eudora left off in v. 7 (which I still use). Unicode has become very important for me and you have answered my regular cry of ‘Why won’t someone just make a version of Eudora that supports Unicode?’

I haven’t quite made a 100 per cent switch yet—I’m running both—but it is very important to me to have something where I know I can grab a mailbox in 10 years’ time and know I can open it.

Since the 1990s I have archived every single email. I keep one year’s worth of emails on my hard drive at any given time. The oldest quarter is removed and burned on to DVD along with that quarter’s attachments. This has saved my bacon, and those emails even once put a guy behind bars in an FBI case (they asked in 2013 for some emails from 2005).

I wonder where you see Pandora heading in the future. I stuck with Eudora from my first use in 1994 or 1995, and here we are 23 years later. While I’m not asking you to predict where we will be in 2041, do you see a long-term future for Pandora?

Thank you again, and I look forward to being a customer!

Jack Yan

http://jackyan.com

Back to top Go down

Congratulations, and where to from here? Empty Re: Congratulations, and where to from here?

Post by Admin Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Welcome Jack,

We were actually playing it down a bit, it wasn't easy to find Pandora.

E-mail traffic, Internet and all that - it's utter chaos. Pandora merely sorts out things for you a bit. It will be around for some time, so hold on to your hat!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Congratulations, and where to from here? Empty Re: Congratulations, and where to from here?

Post by Jack Yan Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:06 pm

I totally understand, traffic can be expensive. I had better get in at $14 before costs head north then!

Very glad to know it’s going to be around—that’s very promising and reassuring!

Jack Yan

http://jackyan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum