Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junk score

2 posters

Go down

Junk score Empty Junk score

Post by Carnie Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:35 am

Hello, I have just registered a copy of Pandora and am happy to see it might be able to replace my Eudora with better encoding and Gmail that works properly again.

One frustration so far -- How is the 'Junk' score calculated in Pandora?  My junk scores are all showing up as either 100 or blank. Most of the 100's are not actually junk. This is true for both new mail and for mail imported from Eudora which originally had varying, lower scores. Is there a way to adjust this in Pandora or to import my junk alogrithm from Eudora?

Also, I don't understand the setting, 'Collaboration against Spamnation' -- 'Accept junk score set by Barracuda / Spam Assassin / Spam Pal / Yahoo'.  I don't own any of those products (although I do have a rarely-used Yahoo account). Should those boxes be checked? And what is Spamnation?

Thanks.

Carnie

Back to top Go down

Junk score Empty Re: Junk score

Post by Admin Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:53 pm

Hello and welcome to Pandora forum Carnie.

Junk score is not auto-calculated (yet), you can set it up explicitly or accept already calculated score by Baracuda, Yahoo and those other systems (some just excellent).
These systems are installed by your ISP/mail service (on server side) and they flag your messages by adding certain headers (ex: X-Junk:Yes/No).

spamnation = spamming
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Carnie Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Thanks, I'll experiment and see what works best for now. It's encouraging to see your hint that the junk scores may be auto-calculated down the road.

I'm happy to have found this program and look forward to seeing it evolve. Thanks again!

Carnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Absolutely, thank you. We'll keep you posted.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum