Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing Eudora mail

3 posters

Go down

Importing Eudora mail Empty Importing Eudora mail

Post by bpeate Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 am

So what's the trick to importing mail messages? I haven't tried contacts or labels yet, but I had no trouble at all importing accounts and filters - it took maybe a couple seconds. Importing messages runs impossibly slowly, which would be bad enough, but then it just randomly stops before finishing. And once that happens, there's no way to stop the process and exit the program gracefully - I have to manually kill the entire Pandora process and start over. I've spent hours trying to import a few thousand messages, with very little success. That's maybe 200MB, and I still have over 7GB of messages in Eudora. I don't necessarily intend to import them all, but this is way more painful than it ought to be. Any hints?

Bill Peate

bpeate

Back to top Go down

Importing Eudora mail Empty Re: Importing Eudora mail

Post by Admin Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 am

Try this:
1. Open your main data folder in file manager. Rename Import folder (located at the root of main data folder), if it exists, to Import_Old.
2. If there are eml files inside Import_Old, and if those message-files contain no sensitive/confidential info, send them over inside the zip-archive, we'll investigate the issue. These are intermediate files, which are normally deleted upon import.
3. Import process will never delete the source messages (in this case Eudora messages), so if you haven't done so manually (from Eudora), delete Import_Old.

As for the speed - shift to the 3rd gear (button that reads "3.").
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Importing Eudora mail Empty "Gear" buttons

Post by eppack Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Admin wrote:Try this:
As for the speed - shift to the 3rd gear (button that reads "3.").

Ah, I'd wondered what those were for! That said, other than speed, are there any other advantages? Disadvantages? I would think that one would ALWAYS want to have the import being as fast as it could be?

elaine

eppack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Not necessarily - You want to dedicate more (or less) of you CPU time to other processes. So if you are leaving it overnight, and you won't be using computer, shift to 3rd gear. If you are doing other stuff - switch to 1st.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down