Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing Address Books

2 posters

Go down

Importing Address Books Empty Importing Address Books

Post by Country_Bubba Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi,
New to Pandora and current Eudora user.  I have recently downloaded and installed the demo version to get a feel for the program. I like the look and feel and especially the file structure with one possible exception.

I imported my existing address book (all 697 entries) and was a bit disappointed to find them all in one book.  Did I do something incorrectly or is it not possible to break the entries up into various books like in Eudora???

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Country_Bubba

Back to top Go down

Importing Address Books Empty Re: Importing Address Books

Post by Admin Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Welcome to Pandora forum Country_Bubba.

Address Book entries/cards are stored as individual vCard files in Pandora. vCards are transparent, standardized and portable (It's sort of mbox version of Address Book files). You can move/backup your vCards back and forth in between Pandora and your smart phone (and most if not all major mail clients), without any need for additional conversion/loss of data/overhead. The one and only Address Book is actually a folder (that contains vCards), not a singular file. Visually however you can't categorize just yet, but yes - you'll be able to organize entries inside multiple minor address books. Until then, to find an entry - try with "search as you type" - F3.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Country_Bubba Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I asked was there are times that I don't remember the specific persons address, but do remember or can at least narrow it down to 1 or 2 categories and then the light bulb goes off in my head to remember the proper addressee!

Looking forward to the continued progress because as others have said, "sadly the day will come that Eudora won't work"!

Again, thanks in advance.

Country_Bubba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down