Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandora vs Eudora

3 posters

Go down

Pandora vs Eudora Empty Pandora vs Eudora

Post by MysticMan Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:35 pm

I keep hoping that Pandora will become more like Eudora and the more like Eudora it becomes the more that I will like it. The only reason that I purchased Pandora is because Eudora would no longer check my GMail account and I needed a program that could access all my mail accounts. However, when I first purchased Pandora it did not do an adequate job for me and I stopped using it. I installed the latest version, hoping that it would be better, but Pandora is still not working as expected for me. Specifically, I have eleven email addresses and the time that it takes for Pandora to access my accounts and retrieve my mail simply takes way to long. On my last try it took Pandora so long to complete the process that I simply canceled it, uninstalled the program and went back to Using Eudora Pro v6.2.5.6. Why are mail runs so slow on Pandora? Are the changes that have been made at AOL, Yahoo and GMail, etc, the cause for the program taking so much time to check my mail? All of my mail setting in Pandora are correct and I am using POP/POP3 and SMTP mail settings.

- MM -

MysticMan

Back to top Go down

Pandora vs Eudora Empty Re: Pandora vs Eudora

Post by Admin Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:22 pm

The changes made specifically at AOL, Yahoo etc have nothing to do with it. Overall HTML development, that affects everyone, does.

Pandora is rendering HTML (potentially dangerous scripts, URL's from untrusted domains, HTML syntax errors, validity etc) right upon download, and it takes tremendous amount of time (and other resources). The alternative of course is, to have less secure mail and super fast download. That alternative will be offered with the next release, if you are still around let us know how that works for you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticMan Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:44 pm

Again, thank you for your reply. I use a third party software for security with Eudora and so far I have had no major problems and there is no noticeable slow down in the mail run process while using that software. I get the occasional warning with regard to HTML and suspect attachments are usually identified and quarantined.

MysticMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:11 pm

It would be useful if you can send us a bug report - it's Help/Send Feedback/Report a Bug.

That message will include some system specs. Mention in that mail if downland speed improved upon upgrade (to 1.69) and the accounts you suspect are the slowest (ie. AOL POP, Yahoo POP etc)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bardos Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:30 am

I have, and check simultaneously, 12 different accounts, the majority of them are on gmail, a couple not. (windows 10 pro v1709 -- Pandora v1.69) They all check very rapidly, the slowest being Hotmail which always lags behind. But hotmail also lags behind on my Mailwasher program as well. There's a slower check there, and I put it down to Microsoft security of some sort, And it's only by maybe a second or two.

bardos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Early HTML rendering has been turned off for some time now, but could be slow filtering (on incoming) which was in fact an issue in several old Pandora versions, given the right set of filters. This user was apparently using old version as he posted this (after the complaint in this thread): https://pandoramail.forumotion.com/t56-address-book

Mystic: If you experience something you suspect is a bug, or slow performance contact us directly - send a bug report. You are of course welcome to post here, although forum is probably better suited for exchange of information with other users, inquiries about certain features and such. If you post bug-report here include:
1. Pandora version.
2. Basic system specs.
3. Anything else you think could be relevant (ie. number of active filters, account specs etc.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down