Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot revive Pandora when reduced to task bar

4 posters

Go down

Cannot revive Pandora when reduced to task bar Empty Cannot revive Pandora when reduced to task bar

Post by curmudgeon Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:36 pm

I am running Pandora 1.7.2. I tried to leave it open to keep checking  for mail and reduced it to to task bar, but then I could not revive it. There was no separate tab and clicking on the main tab got no results and I had to restart the computer. There is no problem when I leave it open full screen and start another app as the separate tab is there and I can access Pandora. Any suggestions?
Thanks
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Cannot revive Pandora when reduced to task bar Empty Re: Cannot revive Pandora when reduced to task bar

Post by Admin Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 pm

If you are running Windows 8/10, hit Alt+Таb, it'll give you open windows previews. If not, and not using Aero, Windows will give you the icons.
Try to switch to Pandora that way: Hold down Alt and press Tab until Pandora window preview/icon is selected.

It could be a modal dialog blocking the input. So if it happens again try this also:
Click on the taskbar button then press Enter or Esc to dismiss the modal dialog.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Cannot revive Pandora when reduced to task bar Empty Re: Cannot revive Pandora when reduced to task bar

Post by curmudgeon Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:33 pm

I am running Windows 10. Alt+tab pops up the browser tab which is the only other thing running. I started another program and then reduced it and alt+tab shows it also running. I was able to bring it back up. The difference that I noticed was that when I reduced the trial program it's  task bar icon was underlined while the Pandora icon is not. It is not a big deal but a pain if I happen to reduce it then I have to restart the computer to use Pandora.
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Carnie Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:19 pm

I have Pandora pinned to the taskbar. When I open the program it puts a second instance of Pandora on the taskbar. When I minimize the program, clicking on either of these icons doesn't always seem to restore the program.  

Additionally, when I mouse over the second instance of the Pandora icon it pops up a thumbnail for each window I have open in Pandora. As I tend to run with many windows open this ends up being more of an annoyance than a benefit. Also, clicking on any of those thumbnails doesn't always restore the program regardless of which one I click.  In that case, clicking on the pinned Pandora icon sometimes restores it.

Mousing over the pinned Pandora icon doesn't produce the thumbnails but it has another problem...

If I go to Settings -> System Environment and check the box, 'Minimize Pandora to the system tray', the second instance of Pandora usually disappears from the taskbar when I minimize the program and I can find the icon in the system tray instead.  However the pinned Pandora icon remains on the taskbar but now it won't restore the program, I must do it from the system tray.

Finally, if I go to Settings -> System Environment and check the box, 'Always show the system tray icon', it does remain in my system tray but it remains hidden and I have to click the Up arrow in the system tray to see it. Perhaps if I always want it to remain visible I need to adjust that in Windows but that's not what I expected from the wording of that option.

Anyway, the bottom line is that the taskbar and tray icons seem to be buggy and don't always restore the program or behave as expected, at least not in Windows 10 Pro. Mine is the registered version.

Carnie

Back to top Go down

Post by bardos Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:39 pm

My beef with minimizing to the task bar is that if I have a few mailboxes open in Pandora and I minimize it, when I click on the icon to restore, nothing happens, what i get are these tiny icon images of each mailbox that's open. If I X one out, delete one of these images, then the program springs to life on the desktop once again. Better to have the icon just bring back pandora without having to show any of these "sub-images".  (win 10 pro x64 v1709)

bardos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:23 pm

If you clicked on Windows Task-bar sub-buttons Pandora was restored only if not minimized previously.
That's fixed alongside another issue where Pandora is not restored from Tray, when starting another instance.

There were no issues with the main Taskbar-button, let us know if you encounter any.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bardos Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:37 pm

But that's what I mean. If I minimize Pandora to the taskbar with, say 5 open folders, when I hit the taskbar icon for Pandora I will get a mini view of each open folder. But clicking on any individual one of them does not return Pandora to the screen. However, if I X out (close) one of those sub-windows, Pandora does return to the screen. What is the purpose of the sub-windows if they apparently do not do anything. I am talking about the taskbar and not the tray. The tray icon works as it should.

bardos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:31 pm

bardos: When you hit the main taskbar button, Pandora is restored.
When you just hover with mouse over that main taskbar button, you see those mini-views (taskbar button sub-menus/proxy windows).
Clicking on any individual one of them does return Pandora to the screen now, that's fixed. Download version 1.73
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bardos Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:43 pm

Admin wrote:bardos: When you hit the main taskbar button, Pandora is restored.
When you just hover with mouse over that main taskbar button, you see those mini-views (taskbar button sub-menus/proxy windows).
Clicking on any individual one of them does return Pandora to the screen now, that's fixed. Download version 1.73

Using 1.73 and yes, now it works. Clicking any sub-window thingie will return Pandora to the desktop. thanks

bardos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down