Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smtp server is "relais.videotron.ca"

2 posters

Go down

Smtp server is "relais.videotron.ca" Empty Smtp server is "relais.videotron.ca"

Post by bert2006 Tue May 16, 2017 2:55 pm

HI, I am a long time Eudora user since the very begining.
When trying to send email via relais.videotron.ca (my ISP server) it won't send.
In Eudora the setup is SMTP server: relais.videotron.ca and Secure Sockets when sending is set to If Available, STARTTLS
If I change it to smtp.videotron.ca or NEVER (in Secure Sockets when sending) it won't work, either in Eudora nor Pandora.
Is there a work around for this?
I tested the new Pandora and I like it. The installation went smooth. To me it is an excellent product.
The reason I want Pandora is because in Eudora the UTF8 does not work properly with foreign accents such as in French language.

Thank you kindly

Hubert

bert2006

Back to top Go down

Smtp server is "relais.videotron.ca" Empty Re: Smtp server is "relais.videotron.ca"

Post by Admin Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 pm

bert2006 wrote:HI, I am a long time Eudora user since the very begining.
When trying to send email via relais.videotron.ca (my ISP server) it won't send.
In Eudora the setup is SMTP server: relais.videotron.ca and Secure Sockets when sending is set to If Available, STARTTLS
If I change it to smtp.videotron.ca or NEVER (in Secure Sockets when sending) it won't work, either in Eudora nor Pandora.
Is there a work around for this?
I tested the new Pandora and I like it. The installation went smooth. To me it is an excellent product.
The reason I want Pandora is because in Eudora the UTF8 does not work properly with foreign accents such as in French language.

Thank you kindly

Hubert

Hello Hubert:

Thank you. Contact us directly if you will, it's "Help/Send Feedback/Report a Bug" (from Pandora's main menu).

Ideally, a sample SMTP account would do it. Either case, we'll do some testing and if something can be done it will be included in the next release.
[Probably lack of STARTTLS support, with Pandora it's SSL/TLS or plain but we'll see.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Smtp server is "relais.videotron.ca" Empty Re: Smtp server is "relais.videotron.ca"

Post by Admin Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:50 am

This is done now. STARTTLS is fully supported by Pandora (as of release 1.6.2).
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down