Pandora Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skip messages over [ x ] K in size

3 posters

Go down

Skip messages over [ x ] K in size Empty Skip messages over [ x ] K in size

Post by Ela Vesor Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Skip messages over [ x ] K in size is a very useful feature in Eudora. I have it set at 50 KB and messages over that size are filtered to a dedicated mailbox. About 20 lines are downloaded for such a message which is sufficient to decide to either download the entire message or to delete it from the server. I haven't seen this option in Pandora and would like to have it there too.

Ajo Wissink
Ela Vesor
Ela Vesor

Back to top Go down

Skip messages over [ x ] K in size Empty Re: Skip messages over [ x ] K in size

Post by Admin Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:38 am

and you will, it's on to-do list, alongside delete after x min/h/days.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CWM030 Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:57 am

Ela Vesor wrote:Skip messages over [ x ] K in size is a very useful feature in Eudora. I have it set at 50 KB and messages over that size are filtered to a dedicated mailbox. About 20 lines are downloaded for such a message which is sufficient to decide to either download the entire message or to delete it from the server. I haven't seen this option in Pandora and would like to have it there too.

Ajo Wissink

Why not just download your email like normally? I've never set my email client to not download anything above xx mb.

If something is downloaded, and I don't want it..... I just delete it.

Chris

CWM030

Back to top Go down

Post by Ela Vesor Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:47 pm

CWM030 wrote:
Ela Vesor wrote:Skip messages over [ x ] K in size is a very useful feature in Eudora. I have it set at 50 KB and messages over that size are filtered to a dedicated mailbox. About 20 lines are downloaded for such a message which is sufficient to decide to either download the entire message or to delete it from the server. I haven't seen this option in Pandora and would like to have it there too.

Ajo Wissink

Why not just download your email like normally? I've never set my email client to not download anything above xx mb.

If something is downloaded, and I don't want it..... I just delete it.

Chris

Why download something that you don't want? I can see if I want the whole message by looking at the sender and the subject. In my mailbox where over-size messages arrive I select the messages I don't want and click on the delete from server icon I have on my toolbar and then on delete. For the remaining ones I select Fetch.

That saves me a lot of time and bandwidth. You may have a fast connection speed and unlimited gigabytes but where I live I have to rely on satellite which often is not so fast when there is to much snow or rain in the air. The nearest point with fiber-optics is 25 km down the road. YMMV.

Ajo Wissink
Ela Vesor
Ela Vesor

Back to top Go down

Post by CWM030 Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:50 pm

ahhh Satalite dish that makes sense...

I remember those days of being on Sat dish a couple years ago.. it was a pain due to data limitations.

But, its funny now they've got " almost unlimited" plans now on Hughsnet and Exede.

I know Hughsnet offers a 50 gig a month package but be ready to shell out $$$$

There's only one cable provider in this town.. It sucks because their very greedy ( always raising prices) and its either them, or dialup or sat dish.

chris

CWM030

Back to top Go down

Post by Ela Vesor Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:52 pm

My provider has a 50 GB package which was gobbled up by my GF in less than 2 days. After that it's down to 20 KB/sec for the rest of the month. So I had to get a second dish for myself at CA$70 Sad
Cable is also 25 km down the road and to make everyone here happy there is no cell phone reception because we have hills on all sides. I can get reception when I climb the hill behind my house to a point that is about 60 metres higher. However, it's nice to live in the middle of nowhere, far from the city Very Happy

Ajo Wissink
Ela Vesor
Ela Vesor

Back to top Go down

Post by CWM030 Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Ela Vesor wrote:My provider has a 50 GB package which was gobbled up by my GF in less than 2 days. After that it's down to 20 KB/sec for the rest of the month. So I had to get a second dish for myself at CA$70 Sad
Cable is also 25 km down the road and to make everyone here happy there is no cell phone reception because we have hills on all sides. I can get reception when I climb the hill behind my house to a point that is about 60 metres higher. However, it's nice to live in the middle of nowhere, far from the city Very Happy

Ajo Wissink
:X

Two dishes.... OUCH!

CWM030

Back to top Go down

Post by CWM030 Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:03 pm

i'm in the country too for the last 9 years and HAAAATE it... I'mma a city boy through and through:(

CWM030

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down